23 August 2010

Staines on the Aztec... Flipsydz?

So my "event-less" Summer (post Costa Rica) is starting to pick up again. On Saturday, my family invited my mother's side of the family to a small partyish thing, which has been a lot of fun in the past. I missed, it, because I had to work.


Work has been pretty interesting for a few reasons. One main one, is that I've unknowingly met two famous people two night in a row. I'm not talking superstar famous or anything. Just bigger then the run of the mill, Caffe Lena musician.

Friday was my first time seeing Bill Staines at Lena's and my first time actually talking to the guy. Before the show he was commenting on is age and how much trouble getting on and off stage was. I suggested that when the crowd arrives, he could do a stage dive, and crowd surf to the back. This 63 year old folk musician thought this was funny. Bill even suggested he could start a mosh pit while he was at it. I tell all this to my dad . He asks "Who was the performer again?" "Bill Staines" "Bill Staines! You saw Bill Sta- Wait. You told Bill Staines to do a stage dive!?"

Saturday marked the return of the amazing duo: Aztec Two-Step. I was standing at the doorway from the audience to the kitchen, waiting for an opportunity to go to some table. Rex Fowler walks up next to me. He's waiting for Sarah to finish the introduction so he can go on stage. Then looks at me, and asks how long I've been working at Lena's. I tell him two or three years. He says "Yeah, I remember you! You got way taller." I felt special because Rex Fowler remembered some kitchen boy from over a year ago! After the show, Maria, Isaac and I spent a good while talking to him. I ended up getting a free CD and a vintage poster (both signed) from the guy. I tell all this to my Dad. "You met Aztec Two-Step! He remembers you!?" Apparently my Aunt is a HUGE fan of them. Her birthday is coming p, so I thought a signed poster would be a nice gift. I'll miss it though.


On Saturday, the NYRA (New York Racing Association) called me to hire me! I went to their job fair in June to get a job there. Apparently, I'm a runner up. I get to replace all the quitters and college kids. It's all just as well. A job is a job. I'll be getting paid, even if it's only for a couple weeks. And then I have a clear shot for next year! My first day in Wednesday. I may even be able to hang out with my buddy Dormy, who works in one of the restaurants.



Coincidentally, there was an A Capella group called The Flipsydz at Lena's on Sunday. I overheard him talking (later, joined in the conversation about) how he got called up by NYRA to become a security guard just a week ago. He had signed up at the job fair, same as me, and became a runner up. Small town.

2 Ramblings:

Isaac said...

You know, the Flipsydz are bigger than Bill Staines and Aztec Two-Step.

>.>

Anonymous said...

The Ten MostNutty nike shoes Secrets and cheats... And Approaches To Employ them !|Efficient article teaches you all inner workings linked with nike shoes together with the thing that you must do right now.}[url=http://www.nikejapan.asia/]ナイキ エア[/url] Fully grasp who is discussing about adidas shoes and also the actual reason why you should feel concerned. [url=http://www.adidasjapan.biz/]アディダス スニーカー[/url] Everything everyone else actually does with regards to adidas shoes and moreover precisely what you will want to perform completely different. Current information: gucci Will Have A Significant role In Virtually Any Website administration [url=http://www.guccijp.asia/]gucci バッグ[/url] The next technique for the chloe for you to understand more about this afternoon. [url=http://www.chloejp.biz/]財布 クロエ[/url] Five carefully-protected chanel bags mysteries explained in clear details. [url=http://www.chaneljp.biz/]chanel 財布[/url] The right way to understand anything and everything there is to understand about chanel bags in five easy steps.A Man who was able to sell his personal nike shoes novel for a million dollar [url=http://www.adidasjapan.asia/]アディダス スニーカー[/url] A massive double turn on nike shoes [url=http://www.nikejp.biz/]ナイキスニーカー[/url] nike shoes Counterfeits -- Ideal nike shoes cheat Which in turn Fools 91% of the customers