27 July 2010

Lewis in Wonderland Volume 4

I've been back from Costa Rica for about a week now, and I've been very irresponsible when it comes to posting. I would like to apologize to the few who read this blog. It's hard for me to get back into a regular schedule of posting after going for so long without it. So I'll dive back in with a new Lewis in Wonderland post! A retelling of one of my recent dreams.


It begins with myself as a child of eight or nine. I seem to be the leader of a gang of homeless thieving children. We're at a wedding/birthday party (I'm not sure why anyone would combine these two things), and as a result there ws twice the amount of food at the buffet. I briefed my team on the plan to steal as much food as we could from the buffet without being noticed. Everything was going smoothly until we realized that at the end of the buffet line, guests were being forced to board an airplane. After a brief, and fruitless struggle, my team and I are forced on to the plane by men with guns.

The plane, along with the people on it seemed perfectly normal. Nobody seemed to care that they had been forced onto the plane. The plane takes off, and the stewardess eventually start serving drinks and food. At this point, I'm freaking out. Even my own friends don't realize what's happening. I'm thrashing and yelling at everyone, but no one cares. I kept struggling to unlatch my seatbelt, but it was stuck. I look out the window and see what appears to be a black hole in the distance. The captains voice can be heard throughout the cabin. "We will be flying directly into the abyss in just a few short minutes. Please keep your seat belts buckled."

I look at the illuminated seat belt symbol above me and realize this is the answer. I reach up and start hitting the symbol with all my might. It's no use. Just then a worried looking old lady taps me on the shoulder. She is sitting in across the aisle from me. She frantically hands me what appears to be a ball of shattered glass, glued together. She says "I've been making this for years." Just then, two flight attendants grab the old woman and hoal her away, her screaming echoes through the cabin.

I slam the shattered glass ball against the seat belt symbol repeatedly. Over and over again. My hand starts to bleed profusely. I keep slamming the symbol with all my might, ignoring the pain. All of a sudden, it shatters, and the inner console sparks wildly. My seatbelt unlatches, and I climb out of my seat. I reach into the overhead compartment and pull out a sword. (For some reason, this made sense in my dream.) The flight attendants glare at me with evil red eyes, but stay away from me, while I'm holding the sword. The rush down the aisle, towards the cockpit. I break down the door in a mad rush, to find the bride and groom of the wedding flying the plane. I lift my sword to slay them, but I'm too late. The airplane plummets into the dark abyss, and everyone aboard perishes. The end.


1 Ramblings:

Sophie said...

Wow. That is so chock full of symbols and imagination! Very entertaining and funny to read to say the least!